Island Body Polish
Great for sensitive skin. The purpose of this treatment is to softly exfoliate the skin of the entire body and provide minerals to the skin. Leaves the skin soft and smooth.
BOOKING TIME: 1 Hour
TREATMENT TIME: 45 Minutes
FACILITY: Wet room, waterproof treatment table, Vichy shower, clothing hooks, counter space, candles/soft light, and soft music.
ROOM SET UP: Drape the table with a bath towel.
PRODUCTS & SUPPLIES: Soft algae scrub, body milk lotion, spa loofah mittens, spray bottle or squeeze bottle for warm water, there hand towels, three large bath towels, disposable panties, waterproof slippers, and shower cap.
PRODUCT PREPARATION: Warm the products in the sink.
Treatment Procedures for Island Body Polish
- Bring your guest into the room and explain the treatment. Before leaving the room, direct her/him to slip on disposable panties and to lay face down under the bath towel. Knock before re-entering the room.
- Place a small towel over the breasts of women guests. Ask whether your guest would like to wear a shower cap. If a shower cap is not available, use a towel to protect the guest’s hair if desired.
- Begin with a relaxation exercise such as 20 seconds of deep breathing.
- Remove the bath towel. Spray each body part with warm water before applying soft algae scrub in a circular motion to the back of their legs, feet, arms, and back. Use spa loofah mittens for a more intense scrub, if desired. Avoid cuts, abrasions, open sores, dry skin and freshly shaven or waxed areas.
- Turn on the hand-help shower, testing the water temperature on the inside of the guest’s forearm. The water should be between 101º and 104º.
- Rinse the soft algae scrub off your guest as well as the treatment table.
- Instruct your guest to turn over while you shield them with the bath towel and place a hand towel on the breasts of women guest’s.
- Using warm, wet spa loofah mittens, repeat steps 4 through 6 on the front of the body, avoiding the nipples and genital area.
- Pat your guest dry with a bath towel. Apple body milk lotion to the entire front of the body.
- Instruct your guest to turn over while you shield them with the bath towel and apply lotion to their legs and back. Spend 10 minutes on a back massage to give your guest a truly memorable experience.
- Assist your guest into a robe and slippers and help them off of the table.
- Escort her/him to a rest area and offer plenty of spring water or herbal tea. Encourage your guest to rest for at least 20 minutes after the treatment. Your guest’s body is now in perfect condition for a body wrap.
- Make a product recommendation and book your guest’s next appointment.