This is an excellent all-over, intense body exfoliation. Sea salt removes dry skin and cleanses pores, leaving skin feeling clean and soft.
BOOKING TIME: 1 Hour
TREATMENT TIME: 45 Minutes
FACILITY: Wet or dry room, treatment or massage table, hand-held shower, clothing hooks, counter space, candles/soft light, and soft music.
ROOM SET UP: Drape the table with a sheet, shower curtain and bath towel. Set two breast towels aside and have two large buckets of warm water available for rinsing.
PRODUCTS & SUPPLIES: Two ounces of sea softening scrub, ocean lotion spray, spray bottle containing warm water, spa loofah mittens, two sea sponges, disposable panties, and shower cap.
PRODUCT PREPARATION: Warm the products if possible.
Treatment Procedures for Solar Bronzing
- Bring your guest into the room and explain the treatment. Before leaving the room, direct her/him to slip on disposable panties and to lay face up under the bath towel but on top of the shower curtain. Knock before re-entering the room.
- Place a towel over the breasts of women guests. Ask whether your guest would like to wear a shower cap. If a shower cap is not available, use a towel to protect the guest’s hair if desired.
- Begin with a relaxation exercise such as 20 seconds of deep breathing.
- Give a five-minute face cleanse, then rinse.
- Remove the bath towel. Spray the front of the body with warm water, then apply a small amount of sea softening scrub to the palms of your hands. Using circular motions, apply the scrub to the entire body – arms, legs, décolleté, stomach, chest and back, including the underside of their arms and legs; turn your guest from side to side to scrub their back. While applying, avoid nipples, genital areas, cuts, abrasions, open sores, dry skin and freshly shaven or waxed areas.
- Using the spa loofah mittens, scrub all the areas a second time to complete the exfoliation process Ask your guest to tell you whether the pressure you are using is comfortable
- Rinse your client off thoroughly using the hand-held shower.
- Repeat steps 5 through 5 using soft algae scrub.
- Dry your guest with a bath towels and apply self-tanning lotion to their entire body, and if desired, their face.
- Let your guest relax on the table for 5 minutes while the self-tanner absorbs into their skin.
- After assisting your guest into a robe and off the table, escort her/him to a rest area and offer plenty of spring water or herbal tea.
- Encourage your guest to rest for at least 20 minutes after the treatment.
- Make product recommendations and book your guest’s next appointment.