Purifying Body Wrap
Great for spas without shower facilities. The purpose of these wraps is to lightly soften, firm, or detoxify the entire body and to provide minerals to the skin. All wraps leave the skin soft and smooth.
BOOKING TIME: 1 Hour
TREATMENT TIME: 45 Minutes
FACILITY: Wet room, waterproof treatment table, hand-held shower, clothing hooks, counter space, candles/soft light, and soft music.
ROOM SET UP: Drape the table with spa foil and a bath towel.
PRODUCTS & SUPPLIES: Dry body brush, spa foil, mixing bowl, spatula, bath towels, sheet, blanket, breast towel, disposable panties, shower cap, 2 ounces seaweed wrap, 20 drops purifying essence, and firming cream.
PRODUCT PREPARATION: Measure out 2 ounces of the wrap products and 10 drops of corresponding essence in a small, non-glass bowl, warming the mixture if possible.
Treatment Procedures for Purifying Body Wrap
- Bring your guest into the room and explain the treatment. Before leaving the room, direct her/him to slip on disposable panties and to lay face up under the bath towel but on top of the spa foil. Knock before re-entering the room.
- Place a small towel over the breasts of women guests. Ask whether your guest would like to wear a shower cap. If a shower cap is not available, use a towel to protect the guest’s hair if desired.
- Begin with a relaxation exercise such as 20 seconds of deep breathing.
- Remove the bath towel and dry scrub your guest’s front side. Turn your guest from side to side and dry scrub their back and back of their legs.
- Applying the wrap mixture to your guest’s legs, arms, hands, stomach and chest. Turning your guest from side to side, apply to the backs of their of the legs and arms. Do not apply the wrap to the feet or face and avoid nipples and genital areas.
- Leaving the breast or bath towel in place, quickly wrap your guest in the foil, and towels; leaving their neck and head out and their feet tucked in loosely.
- Cover your guest with two horizontally placed bath towels, then with a sheet and blanket, tuck all coverings tightly around the body.
- Give your guest the choice of either a 10-minute face massage using a firming facial cream, or 10-minute head, neck and shoulder massage.
- Apply firming cream and massage the feet for 10-minutes, making certain you wash your hands afterwards.
- Slowly open up the wrap. After covering the guest with a bath towel, slide out the foil.
- Turn on the hand-held shower, testing the water temperature on the inside of the guest’s forearm. The water should be between 101° and 104° F.
- Rinse off the product starting with the front of your guest’s body and include rinsing the table.
- Instruct the guest to turn over and rinse their backside. When done cover the guest with a towel.
- Massage their back for ten minutes using firming cream. Do not apply lotion to the rest of their body.
- Assist your guest into a robe and slippers and help them off of the table.
- Escort her/him to a rest area and offer plenty of spring water or herbal tea. Encourage your guest to rest for at least 20 minutes after the treatment. The guest’s body is now in perfect condition for a massage.
- Make a product recommendation and book your guest’s next appointment.